Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Addy the Adamantoise page!
Any minimantoise that lives long enough can grow this big. As you might expect, weak attacks will simply bounce off an adamantoise's incredibly hard shell. It's said they dream of learning how to fly, but pigs have a better chance.Adamantoise Mirage Manual entry
Addy the Adamantoise is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
- Notes: Laid-back and grandfatherly / Cares for his friends / Fearsome when angry / Commands respect
- A Series Regular
- Having first floated onto the scene in FINAL FANTASY's early days and stayed in fans' hearts since, the adamantoise is the very meaning of longevity. He's huge and he's tough, and it's hard to forget a monster like that.
- Hard Workers
- Most Grymoirian adamantoises are quite meek and mellow when compared to those found in other worlds. This makes them a regular target of bullying, and the situation that Lann and Reynn found the minimantoise in was unfortunately not an isolated incident.
- When a little minimantoise finally transfigs into the massive adamantoise, they gain significant strength. But big and strong though they are, their gentle nature gives them an inherent disadvantage in the dangerous waters of the Low Seas. Sadly, not many survive for very long.
- Addy, the adamantoise the twins met, has managed to fend off these dangers long enough to grow to a truly gargantuan size. This he must use, day and night, to defend those he cares about from the Low Seas' many threats.
Story[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Adamantite and similar words including Adamant and Adamantine are used to refer to any especially hard substance, whether composed of diamond, some other gemstone, or some type of metal.