I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one.
A New Journey is a time-limited event where Lulu from Final Fantasy X can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Lulu: Hm... I don't recognize this place, either.
- Lenna: Look! There's someone over there.
- Celes: They seem lost... Maybe they're someone's friend.
(The party approaches Lulu)
- Celes: Is everything alright? Perhaps we can help.
- Lulu: Are you from this area?
- Celes: No. We aren't too familiar with it, either...
- Lulu: I see... Hm...
- Lenna: Maybe we should tell her what we know about this world.
- Lilisette: Good idea! She's probably a friend of someone from another world.
- Celes: Could it be that you're also lost in this world?
- Lulu: "Also"?
- Lenna: Yes. There are others like you, us included. Could you tell us what happened to you?
- Lulu: I was told by a goddess that this is a different world... I'm searching for my comrades now.
- Lilisette: Then we can definitely help! What kind of person are you looking for?
- Lulu: A young woman. She's a summoner.
- Lenna: Summoner?
- Celes: I know some likely candidates. You wait right here. I'll go and fetch who I can.
(Rydia and Eiko are brought in)
- Rydia: Um, well... Nice to meet you?
- Eiko: I don't know this lady, either! But we can still be friends.
- Celes: I'm sorry. You said "summoner," so I thought...
- Lilisette: I guess we got it wrong.
- Lulu: I see... You two are also summoners?
- Lulu: What fascinating dress... This truly is a different world.
- Lulu: I hope she's all right, wherever she is...
- Lulu: Thank you for your help. I'll continue my search.
- Celes: Wait. I can't let you go off on your own.
- Rydia: You must be exhausted. Please don't push yourself.
- Eiko: Why don't you take a break first? Then we'll all help you find your friends!
- Lenna: Indeed. We have other summoners in our group. There's a chance the one you're looking for is among them.
- Lilisette: Yeah! You can meet all of our comrades if you come with us to the airship.
- Lulu: ...I suppose you're right.
- Lulu: Thank you for your kindness. Let us do just that, then.
- Penelo: How are you holding up, Lulu? We should be out of the forest soon.
- Lulu: I'm fine, thank you for asking.
- Penelo: Not at all! By the way, that's a cute doll you have there.
- Lulu: Thank you. You must find it weird for me to be carrying this around.
- Penelo: What? Of course not! I think it's adorable!
- Lulu: Hehe. My apologies for teasing you.
- Lulu: This doll is capable of more than just looking cute.
(Lulu brings out her Moogle doll who bounces in her hands)
- Seven: It moved!
- Shantotto: Oh dear... It reminds me of the royal puppeteer!
- Lulu: Puppeteer?
- Seven: You two are from different worlds, right? How is it possible you know that?
- Shantotto: Though the theory behind it is not the same, I believe something akin to magic is to blame.
- Lulu: ...So the idea of magic is the same then. Well, she's right. This moves by magic.
- Penelo: Then you're a mage, Lulu? We've got lots of allies who can also use magic!
- Penelo: I hope we can find your friend soon!
- Seven: We're nearly there. Just a little more.
- Lulu: I can't thank you enough for helping me. I feel much better now.
- Seven: Don't mention it. We all know what it's like to be lost in this world.
- Wakka: Man, this thing just won't quit!
- Seven: Wakka? What's the matter?
- Wakka: Nice timing! There's a monster over there. Come on, help me out!
- Wakka: ...Lu!?
- Lulu: Wakka! There you are!
- Wakka: It's a good thing you're here. My ball just doesn't seem to do the trick.
- Wakka: I need your help, Lu!
- Lulu: ......
(Lulu casts magic to defeat a Flan)
- Penelo: Wow! So your magic could do more than just make that doll move!
- Lulu: Where is Yuna? Is she safe?
- Wakka: Take it easy. She's with us.
- Lulu: Thank goodness.
- Shantotto: So that's the summoner you were looking for. Finding her among so many would've been a chore.
- Seven: We should've brought Yuna with us. When we get back to the airship, you'll be able to see her.
- Lulu: Please don't apologize. Thank you for bringing me with you.
- Wakka: Lu is one of Yuna's guardians, just like me. She'll be a real powerful ally, no doubt about it.
- Lulu: If Yuna is here, I will gladly fight alongside you.
(Lulu runs to Yuna)
- Lulu: Yuna! I'm so glad you're okay.
- Yuna: Lulu! I'm so happy to see you! When I heard that you were all alone, I was so worried.
- Lulu: You have my apologies.
- Lulu: I regret not finding you here sooner.
- Yuna: I'm fine. I've made it this far thanks to all my new friends.
- Yuna: I didn't want you or the other guardians to worry about me.
- Lulu: You've gotten stronger while I was away, haven't you?
- Yuna: You think so?
- Lulu: ...On second thought, maybe not.
- Yuna: ...Hey!
- Lulu: Hehe.
- Jecht: But we need to fix whatever's goin' on in this world before you guys can go home.
- Jecht: And it won't be easy.
- Lulu: What!? What are you doing here!?
- Jecht: Didn't mean to surprise ya. Not even I understand everything at work here.
- Jecht: But I can move my own body and haven't lost control yet.
- Yuna: Sir Jecht is also one of our allies now.
- Lulu: I see... ......
- Lulu: I can put my faith in you as a legendary guardian, can't I?
- Jecht: Course ya can!
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Lion: So Jecht was famous back in your world?
- Yuna: Yes. Both Sir Jecht and Sir Auron were legendary guardians.
- Lion: So this is like a dream team!
- Layle: We've been traveling with Jecht for so long, it's hard to believe he's some kind of legend...
- Jecht: Alright, 'nuff talk about dreams.
- Lulu: I guess you're right. Though our journey was somewhat of a dream...
- Vaan: Auron is always composed, so I'd believe someone if they told me he's some sort of legend, but...
- Vaan: Jecht is a different story.
- Jecht: Hey! I don't care about bein' a legend! Normal's fine with me!
- Lulu: Guardians, Sir Jecht, and all those from other worlds...
- Lulu: I will do my best to protect you.