The Lone Mercenary:
- Mog: I can feel it. There's a warrior nearby, kupo.
- ???: (A moogle?)
- Hope: Is that him?
- ???: (A kid...and a girl with cat ears?)
- Y'shtola: Do not be alarmed. We are not your foe.
- ???: So you're the ones I keep hearing about.
- Vivi: You've heard about us, Mister?
- ???: ("Mister"? Give me a break.)
- Squall: I'm Squall. My client told me about you.
- Squall: Mentioned you're on a journey to seal the Torsions.
- Warrior of Light: What is your purpose here?
- Squall: I'm a mercenary.
- Squall: I've been tasked to investigate this cavern and eliminate any threat.
- Hope: All by yourself? I get that you're a soldier, but...
- Squall: I can take care of myself.
- Vivi: I guess he's not interested in joining us.
- Y'shtola: He is merely choosing not to get close to others.
- Y'shtola: In any event, he bears the light, does he not?
- Warrior of Light: More importantly, who is this client he spoke of?
- Mog: We'll just have to ask him ourselves, kupo!
The Burden We Bear:
- Mog: Found you, kupo!
- Squall: (They're still here?)
- Vivi: Squall, are you fighting all by yourself? Isn't that a little dangerous?
- Squall: You're the ones who need to be careful.
- Squall: This isn't a place for amateurs.
- Squall: You should get out of here before you get hurt.
- Sazh: Would it kill you to lighten up a bit?
- Rem: Squall, I'm a soldier just like you.
- Rem: Everyone here has their own reason for fighting. We know what we're doing.
- Squall: ...Whatever.
- Cloud: Show off as much as you want, but we have some questions that need answers first.
- Squall: (Who's showing off?)
- Cloud: Who's your client? And how do they know about us?
- Squall: That's confidential.
- Sazh: I don't get you at all. What's with the attitude?
- Squall: You're the ones not making any sense.
- Squall: You're risking your lives solely based on what that moogle told you.
- Squall: While in reality, you have no idea what's actually happening in this world right now.
- Mog: I'm a messenger of the goddess Materia. It's my duty to protect the planet, kupo!
- Cloud: We all have something we want to protect. Isn't that reason enough?
- Squall: Something you want to protect...
- Cloud: Anyway, sorry for stopping you. Later.
- Squall: Stop. You're no match for what's lurking around here.
- Vivi: But it's way too dangerous for you to go alone too.
- Squall: If you're scared, you can stay close to me. Just don't get in my way.
- Rem: So you'll join us then?
- Squall: I didn't say that. But I'll help you out while you're here.
- Squall: Come on, let's go. Things should be easier now that I'm with you.
A Binding Contract:
- Tifa: Looks like we made it.
- Vivi: It feels good to be outside again.
- Squall: Don't relax just yet. We still have to make it through the forest before we reach our destination.
- Hope: You really know your way around here, don't you?
- Squall: I'm just going by the information I received from my client. Anyway, be careful. There are monsters up ahead.
- Rem: Sounds like he's really familiar with the area. It's nice having someone you can count on.
- Squall: I never said I trusted him. I'm simply relaying what I was told.
- Rem: You're risking your life for a client you don't even trust?
- Squall: ...I needed a purpose. I was lost.
- Squall: That's when he came along. Told me he needed my help.
- Squall: Didn't even ask who I was or where I came from.
- Hope: So you only trust him because you're contractually obligated...
- Squall: But I don't think my client would lie since he's counting on my success.
- Squall: In that sense, I trust him. That's all.
- Vivi: Squall...
- Tifa: Sounds like you've got a lot on your mind. Reminds me of someone else I know.
- Squall: (Hmph... You don't know me.)
- Tifa: He can also be a bit awkward.
- Hope: Is that being awkward?
- Rem: Everyone has a different way of looking at things. That's what makes us unique.
- Vivi: Yeah, exactly.
- Squall: ...Come on.
- Squall: Let's get out of here before any more monsters show up.
- Tifa: Yeah, good idea.
Cut from the Same Cloth:
- Cloud: He's going to get himself killed if he keeps this up.
- Y'shtola: You refer to Squall.
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Rem: You're really worried about him, aren't you?
- Cloud: No, I'm worried about us.
- Cloud: Who knows where this so-called client is taking us.
- Cloud: And the farther we go, the more monsters there are.
- Hope: What do you think we should do then? I mean, he seems to be avoiding talking to us.
- Tifa: Yeah, but it's not like we can pretend everything's okay.
- Rem: Do you think we can get him to change his mind?
- Y'shtola: That may prove to be difficult. To him, the mission is everything.
- Y'shtola: He is not going to turn back until the investigation is complete.
- Rem: Squall is one of us. We can't just abandon him.
- Tifa: Then I guess we need to see this through until the end, huh?
- Hope: I was about to say the same thing. ...But what about you, Cloud?
- Cloud: I never said we should turn back. I was just saying we need to be more cautious.
- Tifa: ...He said cautiously.
- Cloud: What's that supposed to mean?
- Tifa: Nothing. Cautious is good.
- Rem: I'm sure there's a reason Squall's in such a hurry.
- Y'shtola: Any clue why?
- Rem: He said he needed a purpose.
- Rem: So maybe he's trying to make something of himself—trying to find his identity.
- Y'shtola: So even Squall has worries.
- Hope: I hope there's something we can do to help.
- Tifa: Yeah, come on, we have to be there for him.
- Cloud: ...Not interested.
- Tifa: Yeah, yeah. You keep telling yourself that.
- Rem: Hey, Squall? You're here on a mission, right?
- Rem: You don't need to report back to your client or anything?
- Squall: My client is only interested in the Torsions.
- Squall: How I handle the mission is up to me. That's why I chose to accompany you.
(Y'shtola joins them)
- Y'shtola: And yet you continue to conceal your client's identity.
- Squall: Like I said—
- Y'shtola: "That's confidential."
- Squall: (Don't finish my sentences. You'll remind me of her.)
- Y'shtola: You fear growing close to others.
- Y'shtola: But I sense the good in you—a desire to protect and a great inner zeal.
(Hope runs in)
- Hope: Is everything okay? Everyone's already heading to the next area.
- Rem: Sorry, we'll be right there.
- Y'shtola: I expect great things from you, Squall.
- Squall: Yeah.
(Rem and Y'shtola leave)
- Hope: Um, do you have a second?
- Hope: I was thinking about what you said earlier.
- Hope: Mog told us that sealing the Torsions would protect this world.
- Hope: And as a result, save our worlds as well.
- Squall: That's the idea.
- Squall: But there's no way to find out for sure until we return home.
- Hope: I want to know the truth. I want to know what's really happening.
- Squall: Sorry, but I don't have all the answers either.
- Hope: Then why are you fighting? I'm sure you're not just following orders.
- Squall: I don't fight for some great cause like saving the world or anything.
- Squall: I'm just trying to survive to see my friends again. That's all.
- Hope: They must mean a lot to you.
- Squall: Yeah. Now come on, let's go. You need my help, right?
- Hope: To be reunited with your friends, huh?
- Hope: Maybe I just need to keep my eyes front. There's no going back after all.
Spoilers end here.
A Lion's Heart Pt. 1Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 2Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 3Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 4Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 5Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 6Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 7Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 8Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 9Edit
A Lion's Heart Pt. 10Edit
- "Blue Fields -arrange- from Final Fantasy VIII" - A rearrangement of the World Map theme in Final Fantasy VIII, taken directly from previous Dissidia titles. It is the main field theme for A Lion's Heart.
- "Don't Be Afraid -arrange- from Final Fantasy VIII" - A rearrangement of the Main Battle theme in Final Fantasy VIII, taken directly from previous Dissidia titles. It is the theme for regular battles.
- "Force Your Way -arrange- from Final Fantasy VIII" - A rearrangement of the Boss Battle theme in Final Fantasy VIII, taken directly from Dissidia 012. It is the theme for boss battles.
This section in Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.