Oh, shut up and help me remodel the A Captain's Loyalty page!
A Captain's Loyalty is a time-limited event where Basch from Final Fantasy XII can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
(Basch defeats a Death Machine)
- ???: I was told to lend them my aid, but I have yet to find them...
- Steiner: Princess!
- ???: "Princess"? Could that be...
(Basch runs off)
(The rest of the party faces a Vanguard Magitek Armor)
- Steiner: Are you alright!?
- Garnet: Yes. I'm fine, Steiner.
- Galuf: You are quite the tough princess. You do not easily fall in battle.
- Rem: Leave it to me. I'll heal you right up.
(Rem heals Garnet)
- Garnet: Thank you, Rem.
- Steiner: You! Identify yourself!
- ???: You are not Her Highness... Though she should be with you.
- Galuf: It seems you mean no harm. Are you looking for one of our allies?
- ???: Forgive me for asking, but are you Materia's warriors?
- Rem: Yes, we are. And you are...?
- ???: You may not believe me, but I am not your enemy.
- Garnet: I can see you're on your guard. But if you really are one of Materia's warriors, we want to believe you.
- ???: My apologies. I cannot risk mistaking the ones I must protect.
- ???: Protectors of the princess, I leave them to you. I will also join the fight.
(Basch points the party to more enemies)
- Galuf: Oh my... It seems we were surrounded whilst in conversation.
(Basch turns to face the Vanguard Magitek Armor)
- ???: I will draw this one's attention away. I hope then you will believe me.
- Steiner: You mean to fight it alone!?
- ???: If I can win your trust this way, then yes. Afterward, please tell me about your other comrades.
- ???: Lady Ashe. I am relieved to see you unharmed.
- Ashe: As am I to see you, Basch.
- Steiner: So you are a knight of Lady Ashe.
- Faris: Something terrible must've happened to you. Your equipment is completely tattered, Mr. Knight.
- Basch: Because of what happened back home, I had to don myself with whatever was available.
- Basch: Besides, a general in shining armor is hardly credible.
- Basch: More importantly...it seems Her Highness has been blessed with great allies.
- Basch: My apologies for what I said earlier.
- Basch: Materia told me about this place...
- Basch: She said there are many warriors hailing from different worlds here, and among them are villains masquerading as allies.
- Basch: I had to be sure that you were truly traveling with Lady Ashe.
- Steiner: It is natural for a knight to worry over his princess. I would have done the same were I you.
- Basch: Thank you. I think we will get along well.
- Setzer: I suppose it isn't easy being a knight.
- Basch: I am sorry I did not believe you or the gods right away. I have many enemies in my home world.
- Setzer: Yet another caught up in troublesome politics and conspiracies added to our ranks.
- Basch: My apologies...
- Setzer: Don't be so serious. We're used to it.
- Basch: Haha... So even you can tell how humorless I am.
- Steiner: But is it not for the sake of the one you protect?
- Steiner: I could tell you were such a knight from the moment I met you, Sir Basch.
- Basch: I am grateful.
- Basch: Allow me to introduce myself properly. Basch fon Ronsenburg, at your service.
- Vaan: Hey, looks like you're alright.
- Basch: In a manner of speaking.
- Basch: My apologies on taking so long to find you.
- Vaan: You don't need to apologize. We were doing fine.
- Basch: I'm relieved to see you haven't changed at all.
- Cait Sith: That must mean you're happy to see him, huh, Vaan?
- Vaan: No! I just wasn't sure if he'd show up or not...
- Basch: Vaan isn't the sort of man to get lonely.
- Basch: When I first heard about warriors from another world, I wondered what type of people they could be. You're a fearsome bunch.
- Basch: I can see why Lady Ashe and Balthier trust you so.
- Bartz: We feel the same. They've helped us out a lot.
- Bartz: Everyone has things they need to do back in their world.
- Bartz: It's only natural we'd help each other out.
- Vanille: Precisely!
- Vanille: Those things aside, though, traveling with everyone is just plain fun!
- Vanille: What's considered "common sense" for one is different for the others. I've learned so much!
- Vaan: I wonder if those things would shock Basch.
- Basch: I'm not sure, so perhaps we should take it slowly.
- Basch: But it's like Bartz said... I can't help thinking about the things I must do back home.
- Basch: Ivalice, Dalmasca... I wonder how they're faring.
- Cait Sith: Vayne is here, too. He also doesn't know how his home world is doing, so why not focus on that instead?
- Basch: I see... He must be scheming something. We need to stop him.
- Basch: Since Her Highness is here as well, it is my duty to protect her.
- Vanille: Sounds complicated. But I'll do my best to make sure you get back home safely.
- Basch: Thank you. Having such comrades is heartening.
- Basch: I know I cannot lose sight of my objective...but I would also like to enjoy this adventure with my new allies.
- Vanille: I'm certain you will!
A Captain's Loyalty Pt. 1Edit
A Captain's Loyalty Pt. 2Edit
A Captain's Loyalty Pt. 3Edit
A Captain's Loyalty Pt. 4Edit
A Captain's Loyalty Pt. 5Edit
A Captain's Loyalty Co-opEdit
A Captain's Loyalty EXEdit
A Captain's Loyalty COSMOSEdit
A Captain's Loyalty CHAOSEdit
- ”The Dalmasca Estersand” plays during normal battle.
- ”Life and Death” plays during boss battles.