Oh, shut up and help me remodel the "Treasure Hunting" page!
"Treasure Hunting" is a time-limited event where Locke from Final Fantasy VI can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Yuffie: What's going on!? I don't get it!
- Onion Knight: What's the matter?
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Yuffie: You haven't noticed yet? There's no treasure here. Anywhere!
- Vivi: Treasure?
- Sabin: That's right. You did say you were on a treasure-hunting mission.
- King: I didn't think you were serious about that.
- Yuffie: Of course I was! Anything that has value winds up mysteriously appearing in my pocket!
- Yuffie: But this place has nothing! What a bust.
- Yuffie: Unless...someone sneaked in here and stole everything before I could!
- Vivi: Oh, no! A thief!?
- Yuffie: That's the only explanation! Stupid thief got a jump on me! No fair!
- Shadow: A thief...?
- Sabin: Then he must be around here somewhere.
- King: Do you know who this thief might be?
- Sabin: A friend from my world. It has to be him.
- Yuffie: You're friends with a thief...? You should really choose your friends more carefully.
- Onion Knight: I can only imagine what Cloud would say if he were here.
- Tidus: Finally! Some fresh air.
(Locke is spotted lying on the ground)
- Celes: Look! Someone needs help. ...Wait, that bandanna!
- Squall: (That's...)
(Celes runs to Locke)
- Edgar: Not to worry, he's not hurt, he's taking a... Well, she'll find out for herself.
- Cloud: A friend?
- Edgar: You caught me. Let's go wake him up.
- Celes: Locke! Please, wake up!
- Edgar: Calm down, he's just napping. Find anything interesting, Locke?
(Locke gets up)
- Locke: Nah, not really.
- Celes: Thank goodness. I thought you were injured.
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Cloud: You must be the thief Yuffie was talking about.
- Locke: "Thief"?
- Locke: C'mon, Cloud. I prefer the term, "treasure hunter"!
- Cloud: How do you know my name?
- Locke: I know everything. You're Tidus, right?
- Locke: A cheerful and upbeat athlete type.
- Tidus: H-how do you know that!?
- Squall: He belongs to the Returners. He's been delivering information from us to Edgar.
- Edgar: Even in a strange world, you're still as reliable as always.
- Cloud: That explains it.
- Locke: By the way, Squall over there?
- Locke: Despite his attitude, he's kind and has a great sense of humor.
- Squall: (Please stop talking.)
- Celes: I'm so glad to see you here.
- Locke: It's been a while. How's everything with you?
- Celes: I don't need you to worry about me. What were you doing on the ground anyway?
- Locke: Once Edgar joined you all, my part was done.
- Locke: I've been hunting for treasure all around this world ever since.
- Celes: All alone?
- Celes: Edgar! Why didn't you tell me about Locke?
- Edgar: If I had, you would've gone off on your own in search of him.
- Edgar: Locke has a plan of his own. That's why I didn't tell anyone about him.
- Locke: I apologize. It's not that I'd forgotten about you. I'm trying to track something down.
- Celes: Then we can help. Come with us.
- Locke: That's the plan. I've gotten tired of wandering around on my own.
- Locke: Besides, this way, I can find treasure and help my friends. Two birds!
- Tidus: Treasure comes first, huh?
- Edgar: Despite what he said, he's one of the most reliable men I know.
- Edgar: ...Though you'll need to look past the thieving.
- Snow: I hear you're looking for some treasure. Something you've been after for a while.
- Locke: A legendary relic that can call back the spirits of the dead.
- Yuna: Call back?
- Balthier: A nifty toy.
- Cater: You can bring back the dead? What would you do with something like that?
- Locke: There's someone I'd like to bring back. Someone I lost in the war.
- Ace: Right. Unlike in our world, you remember those who are gone.
- Locke: She didn't have to die. She's dead because of me.
- Locke: With that relic, everything will go back to the way things were. That's the only way I can make up for what I've done.
- Locke: At least, that's what I thought.
- Cater: Is that a good idea?
- Locke: The memories of people who pass are wiped away in your world, right?
- Locke: Life would be so much easier if that was how it worked in mine, too.
- Snow: There's no use talking about "what if." Your world's ways are just that.
- Snow: I know what it means to care about somebody. But you're taking it a little far.
- Yuna: If she knew how much her death has kept you from moving on...
- Yuna: I think she would be upset. Do you think she wants you to feel like you need to make up for the past?
- Locke: You too, huh?
- Balthier: In my world, we have no clue what the dead think or feel.
- Balthier: Bringing her back and apologizing will make YOU feel better, but what about her?
- Balthier: What happens after she comes back? Applause and happily ever after?
- Locke: So you all think I'm being selfish.
- Snow: Come on, guys. We all have our own different ways.
- Locke: It's fine, Snow. Balthier might be right.
- Locke: Back then, I didn't even think about who or what I was doing this for.
- Ace: We fight to protect the future.
- Ace: We were taught that in order to move forward, we need to cut our ties with the past.
- Locke: Move forward, huh?
- Locke: I would never want to forget about her, but maybe fighting for what's to come has some sort of meaning.
- Locke: Ace, you do what you think is best for the world to come.
- Locke: I was told those words once. And that's what I'm doing and will continue to do.
- Locke: Or at least that's what I'm trying to do. For some reason, what I think is best always seems to upset Celes... Heh.
"Treasure Hunting" Pt. 1Edit
"Treasure Hunting" Pt. 2Edit
"Treasure Hunting" Pt. 3Edit
"Treasure Hunting" Pt. 4Edit
"Treasure Hunting" Pt. 5Edit
"Treasure Hunting" Co-opEdit
"Treasure Hunting" EXEdit
- The event was rerun in Japan for the release of Act 2, Chapter 5 which prominently features Locke.