Mognet là dịch vụ thư tín Moogle trong Final Fantasy IX. Khi sử dụng, Moogle có thể gửi thư cho nhau. Nó được điều hành bởi Moogle Artemicion trong một địa điểm bí mật gọi là Mognet Central. Trong Final Fantasy IX dịch vụ đưa thư Moogle bị ngưng trệ, vì thế các Moogles nhờ người chơi chuyển thư trong một nhiệm vụ phụ rất dài.
When a Moogle wants the player to deliver mail, it will usually ask “I’ve got a favor to ask of you" or something along those lines. After so many deliveries, the dialogue will change to "I haven't received any mail lately, kupo." When the player meets the Moogle whom the letter is to be delivered to, they will say "I want mail! Kupo!". If the player refuses, they will say "I'm so sad, kupo..." The player can carry up to three letters at a time, and even if the party is made up of different characters, mail can still be delivered. After visiting Mogmi and Moguta in Gizamaluke's Grotto, the player can get a Kupo Nut every time he or she successfully delivers a letter provided he or she doesn't have one already. The player can bring Kupo Nuts to Moguta for various prizes.
Deliveries Sửa đổi
Several letters must be delivered before certain plot events, or they can never be delivered. Not all letters must be delivered in order to complete the Superslick side quest, only the ones on disk 4 are necessary.
- Kupo to Montey: Kupo, the Moogle in the church steeple in Alexandria, tells Vivi about the Mognet, and requests that he help out by sending mail. Though the player is given a choice, they cannot refuse. Montey can be found in the Evil Forest, hiding in a tree truck by the spring.
- Mois to Gumo: Mois is the Moogle frozen inside the Ice Cavern. Gumo can be found in the Inn in Dali. Despite not liking Mois, Gumo takes the letter.
- Kumop to Mogki: Kumop is in the Dali underground storage area, hiding in a barrel with his pom-pom sticking out. Mogki is in the Lindblum Castle Guest Room.
- Mogki to Atla: After getting her letter, Mogki asks to send a letter herself. Atla is in Burmecia's Vault.
- Grimo to Nazna: In the Aerbs Mountains, South Gate, the Moogle requests a letter be delivered. Nazna is at the Summit Station.
- Nazna to Mochos: Nazna gives the player a letter after being given hers. Mochos is in Gargan Roo.
- Atla to Monev: After Atla gets a letter, he wants to send one out to Monev. In Cleyra's trunk, Monev can be found.
- Mopli to Serino: After the Alexandrian soldiers attack Cleyra, Mopli can be found in the sand pit where the Antlion attacked. Serino is on the Red Rose.
- Serino to Moodon: Once she gets her letter, Serino sends out her own. Moodon is at the Inn in Lindblum, following the Alexandrian invasion.
- Mosh to Montey: Mosh is in the Alexandria Chapel after the rescue attempt for Garnet. Montey has escaped from the Evil Forest, and now is at the Pinnacle Rocks.
- Moodon to Moonte: Moodon sends out a letter after the player delivers one to him. Moonte is at the Dragon's Gate of Lindblum.
- Kuppo to Kupo: Kuppo is the Moogle in Fossil Roo's Mining Site. He must be dug out of the wall in order to get his letter. Kupo is still at the Alexandria Chapel.
- Mogmatt to Suzuna: In Conde Petie's Item Shop is Mogmatt. In the Conde Petie Mountain Path is Suzuna.
- Mogryo to Mocchi: Mogryu is in the Black Mage Village, who wants to send a letter to Mocchi in the Iifa Tree.
- Mogki to Moodon: Neither have moved from their old location. Mogki is in the Lindblum Guest Room, Moodon is still at the Lindblum Inn.
- Mimoza to Mooel: Outside Oeilvert is Mimoza, who wants to send a letter to Mooel inside the dungeon about the recent breakdown of Mognet.
- Mojito to Mogsam: Both are inside the Desert Palace. Mojito sends a letter to Mogsam, who is inside the library.
- Mogrika to Moolan: Mogrika is in Esto Gaza, after she gets a letter from Artemicion, she sends a letter to Moolan. Moolan is in Mount Gulug.
- Moolan to Mogtaka: Moolan knows why Mognet has shut down, so he sends a letter to Mogtaka, who is also in Mount Gulug.
- Mogki to Kumool: Mogki, still in the same place in the Guest Room of Lindblum Castle, sends a letter to Kumool. Kumool is in Ipsen's Castle.
- Moorock to Mozme: In Bran Bal, Moorock can be found trapped in a pot. Despite never hearing of Mognet, he sends a letter to his buddy in a maze in Pandemonium.
- Kupo to Atla: This letter, and all those that follow can only be delivered following the player finding Mognet Central in Disc 4 with a Chocobo. Kupo in the Alexandria Chapel sends a letter to Atla, in Burmecia. This begins a long letter chain.
- Atla to Mogryu: Mogryu is in the Black Mage Village in front of the Chocobo Stables.
- Mogryu to Kumool: Kumol is still in Ipsen's Castle.
- Kumool to Mois: Mois used to be in the Ice Cavern, but that is sealed off in Disc 4. Instead, Quina must be in the party to reach the entrace of Fossil Roo.
- Mois to Noggy: Noggy is at the Synthesis Shop in Daguerreo.
- Noggy to Kupo: As always Kupo is at the Chapel in Alexandria. By now the Moogles have discovered what the problem with Mognet is. To finish the Mognet side quest, the player must talk to Ruby at Alexandria's Theater and ask for some Superslick. When the player talks to Artemecion in Mognet Central, the Superslick can be used to fix the machine. For completing the entire quest, the player gets a Protect Ring, and is congratulated for delivering # letters.
Letters Sửa đổi
Below is a list of all the letters that appear in Final Fantasy IX. In the first part of the game, before Mognet breaks down, Moogles will often have letters with them when the player first meets them. The content of some letters change depending upon the player's actions in the game. The letters contain hints about Stiltzkin's appearances, commentary on the plot, and information about the Mognet break down.
If the player made Vivi play the jump-rope mini-game in the beginning of the game at Alexandria and skipped more than 100 times, this letter will appear when the player meets Mosh at Alexandria Castle.
Skipping Champion Arrives
- There was a kid who skipped
- [#]* times in a row today!
- It was amazing! Kupo!
- How did he do that?
- Can Mosh skip [#]* times?
- My best record is [#]*!
* The number is based upon the player's highest record in the jump-rope game. Kupo's record is always lower than Vivi's.
In the Evil Forest, near the crash site is a Moogle named Mosco. He has a letter for Zidane:
How Ya Doin'?
- From Ruby to Zidane
- Zidane! Are you alright?
- I'm doin' good.
- I met an interesting stranger
- in Alexandria today!
- I'll tell you more soon.
- Tell the boys in Tantalus
- I said "Hi!"
The letter the player delivers from Kupo to Monty:
Prince on a White Horse
- From Kupo to Monty
- I think Queen Brahne is up to something...
- but I suspect Princess Garnet even more!
- She might leave soon...
- with a prince on a white horse...
- Maybe it's just my imagination...
Monty has another letter with him:
Stiltzkin on Ice
- From Stiltzkin to Montey
- I'm in a very cold place right now
- It's really strange, it wasn't
- like this last time I came here...
- But I guess this is why I travel:
- to encounter the unexpected.
- Anyway, I'm gonna get outta here
- before I get trapped in ice!
The letter the player delivers from Mois to Gumo:
Trapped In Ice!
- From Mois to Gumo
- Yo! Man, I got totally iced up by some
- dude with wings on his back!
- Of course, I couldn't say nothin', 'cause
- I was trapped in the ice!
When the player first meets Mogki, he has received a letter:
Stiltzkin Visited Me!
- From Kumop to Mogki
- Stiltzkin visited me!
- He said he found a place that
- seemed interesting, and then he left.
- I wish he stayed longer, kupo.
- Where did he go, anyway?
- Let me know when you find out! Kupo!
When the player first meets Moodon in the Inn at Lindblum, he has a letter for Zidane:
Opening a Mini-Theater
- From Ruby to Zidane
- Ain’t y’all comin’ back to Alexandria?
- I'm so lonely!
- Just kiddin’. I’m openin’ a li’l
- Theater in an alley here.
- (A bartender pal o’ mine is
- quittin’ the saloon and gettin’ into
- showbiz. He asked me to help.)
When the player first meets Moonte at Lindblum, Dragon's Gate, he has received a letter:
Shelter From the Rain
- From Stiltzkin to Moonte
- I left Lindblum and headed north.
- I walked trough the Mist and
- Gizamaluke to reach Burmecia for
- the very first time.
- It’s raining, as expected.
- I'm going to look for shelter now...
When the player meets Mogmi in Gizamaluke's Grotto, she has received a letter:
It Was So Exciting!
- From Moodon to Mogmi
- This year’s Festival of the Hunt
- Was sooo exciting! Kupo!
- The highest score was [#]* points!
- [Insert Name]* won the title!
- Last year’s winner, Belna,
- only got 76 points!
- Oh, it was so much fun!!!
* The winner can either be Zidane, Vivi, or Freya depending upon how well or badly the player does in the Festival of the Hunt. The points the winner won by are also based upon the player's actions.
The letter the player delivers from Mogki to Alta:
Map of the Entire World in His Bag?
- From Mogki to Atla
- I heard that Stiltzkin is heading
- in your direction. Kupo!
- I’ve never met him. Tell me what
- he’s like if you meet him. Kupo!
- Check and see if he travels with a
- map of the entire world and with rare
- items, like the rumor says! Kupo!
The letter the player delivers from Grimo to Nanza:
Mary’s Unrequited Love
- From Grimo to Nazna
- I feel so sad whenever I see
- Mary, that part-time worker.
- Have you ever fallen in love?
- I’ve never fallen in love before, kupo.
- If watching someone else in love
- is so difficult, I wonder how difficult
- it is to actually fall in love myself?
When the player first meets Mogrich in the Knight's House in Treno, he has a letter:
- From Stiltzkin to Mogrich
- There’s trouble in this rainy city.
- The guys I saw there were heading
- towards Vube Desert, west of Burmecia...
- They’ll only find sandstorms.
- What could they possibly want?
- I’m gonna follow them and see...
The letter the player delivers from Nanza to Mochos:
Am I Right?
- From Nazna to Mochos
- Grimo, in South Gate’s Bohden Station,
- sent me a letter saying that he feels
- sad when he sees Mary in love...
- ... but I think he feels that way because
- Grimo himself is in love. Kupo...
- Am I right?
The letter the player delivers from Atla to Monev:
No More Pointy Hats!
- From Atla to Monev
- Kupo! Strange people came into town
- and destroyed the entire place!
- What the heck is going on? Kupo!
- I don’t wanna see any more pointy hats!
- Monev should be careful, too!
- Maybe you should move elsewhere...
When the player first meets Mopli in the Cleyra Inn, she has a letter for Zidane:
- From Ruby to Zidane
- I decided to start a small theater, but
- I ain’t had any luck finding actors...
- Do you know any good actors who are
- looking for work? Man, how I wish
- y’all were here!
- Come to think of it,
- you Tantalus guys look like
- a bunch of outlaws!
- Just kidding.
After Freya joins the party in Cleyra, Mogli will receive a letter:
I Have a Bad Feeling
- From Monev to Mopli
- People are climbing up to Cleyra since
- the sandstorm disappeared... Kupo.
- I have a bad feeling about this.
- What’s going to happen?
- Will Cleyra end up like Burmecia?
- Isn’t there anyone who can help us?
The letter the player delivers from Mopli to Serino:
- From Mopli to Serino
- By the time this letter reaches Serino,
- Cleyra may be destroyed...
- Stiltzkin keeps saying,
- “I’ve been through stuff like this before.
- We’ll be fine.”
- But what if we won’t be okay this time!?
When the player first meets Mosh in the Alexandria Chapel, he will have a letter:
Rumour about Princess Garnet
- From Kupo to Mosh
- Kupo! What’s going on in Alexandria!?
- Soldiers are everywhere!
- I heard a rumor that Princess Garnet
- returned to Alexandria!
- Princess Garnet left the castle, but
- I guess she [still believes/suspected]* Queen Brahne!
* When Garnet is captured by Queen Brahne, the player is given a choice answer. If they say "Believe her", then this letter will say "still believes". If they say "Don't Believe her", then this letter will say "suspected".
The letter the player delivers from Mosh to Monty:
Escaping Evil Forest
- From Mosh to Monty
- Monty! Were you able to escape Evil Forest? Kupo!
- I think this continent is heading for
- some serious disaster! It might be
- too late by the time we realize it.
Before leaving the Pinnacle Rocks, but after receiving Ramuh, Monty will get a letter:
This Might Be the End
- From Stiltzkin to Monty
- might be...
- the end of me...
- might be...
The letter the player delivers from Serino to Moodon:
Eidolon Odin’s Power
- From Serino to Moodon
- I rode on an airship called the Red Rose,
- but I saw something horrible... Kupo.
- The eidolon Odin’s power is terrifying.
- It destroyed Cleyra completely.
- There’s not even a trace of the city now...
Moodon also has a letter for Zidane:
Narcissus From Lindblum
- From Ruby to Zidane
- Oh, I’m havin’ a terrible time finding
- actors, I'm willing to take anyone
- who can read at this point!
- What was his name? That narcissist
- from Lindblum? I'd even take him!
- Get him over to my mini-theater
- We need to get some business!
The letter the player delivers from Moodon to Monte:
- From Moodon to Monte
- Oh, it's terrible! Kupo!
- Mogki, from the castle, is missing!
- Did the Alexandrian Soldiers kidnap him?
- Or did the black mages eat him? Kupo!
- I'm so worried!!!
In Fossil Roo, the player will meet Mogki, who has a letter:
Very Bored, Kupo!
- From Kuppo to Mogki
- I'm bored, kupo!
- I'm so bored, I'm going to hide away!
- Try finding me in this cavern!
- Hint: I'm behind a wall...
When the player first meets Mogryu in the Black Mage Village, he will have a letter:
To Conde Petie
- From Stiltzkin to Mogryu
- I'm becoming familiar with the geography of
- the Outer Continent. My destination
- is Conde Petie.
- They exchange a special greeting
- with each other before entering
- the village... what was it?
- I think it was "Rally-ho"!
The letter the player delivers from Mogmatt to Suzuna:
- From Mogmatt to Suzuna
- It's been six mounths since I started
- living in Conde Petie...
- The food here is great, and the
- people are very nice. Kupo.
- But... But... The only thing I can't
- get used to is the "Rally-ho!"
- I keep saying "Rally-kupo!"
The letter the player delivers from Mogryu to Mocchi:
- From Mogryu to Mocchi
- A kid named Vivi came to the Black
- Mage Village. His eyes were so sad...
- Like he had the weight of the world on
- his shoulders, kupo.
- I wanted to say "good luck!" to him,
- but I couldn't... Kupo.
- I'm on your side, Vivi!
When the player meets Mocchi again just before Kuja sends out his monsters on the Iifa Tree, Mocchi will have a letter:
Blessing or Curse?
- From Stiltzken to Mocchi
- The Mist is gone.
- Is this a blessing?
- Or a curse?
- Is this a blessing?
- The Mist is gone.
The letter the player delivers from Kuppo to Kupo:
The Most Important Thing in Life
- From Kuppo to Kupo
- Fossil Roo is very comfortable!
- I like it here. Kupo!
- We play hide-and-seek every day!
- The most important things in life
- are to work hard and play hard! Kupo!
After getting Kuppo's letter, Kupo will have anothing letter:
- From Mogrika to Kupo
- Even Moogle want to look beautiful!
- I use my special item very carefully.
- You don't come across it very often.
- It's very special to me, Kupo!
After Zidane joins the party, Kupo will have another letter:
My Vagabond Life
- From Stiltzken to Kupo
- Alexandria is a great place to be.
- It's comfortable and fun.
- The travel bug stung me once again.
- So, I'm going on another trip.
If the player played the Happaul racing mini-game in Alexandria, Mogrich will have a letter in Treno's Knights House:
- From Kupo to Mogrich
- There's an amazing new champion sprinter
- in the town of Alexandria!
- The sprinter's name is [Hippaul/Vivi]*.
- He's amazing! Remember his name! Kupo!
* If the player beat lv. 60 in the Hippaul mini-game, Vivi will be the name. If not, it's Hippaul.
The letter the player delivers from Mogki to Moodon:
- From Mogki to Moodon
- Alexandria is in a horrible state right now...
- I wonder if Kupo and Mosh are alright?
- Let me know when you have more info!
- I heard that Stlitzken was also in
- Alexandria. Kupo!
The letter the player delivers from Mimoza to Mooel:
Very Mad! Kupo!
- From Mimoza to Mooel
- I haven't received any mail lately, kupo.
- What's going on?
- Hey Mooel, would you go to
- Mognet Central and complain for me?
- I'm so mad about it, Kupo!
The letter the player delivers from Mojito to Mogsam:
Stiltzken, On the Move
- From Mojito to Mogsam
- According to rumors, Stiltzken is
- on a quest to find out why Mognet
- stopped functioning!
- I'm sure Stiltzken will find out
- the truth, kupo.
- Why did Artemicion stop
- delivering mail?
When the player first meets Mogrika in Esto Gaza, she will have a letter:
- From Artemicion to Mogrika
- Mogrika! I'm in trouble...
- I used too much.
- Do you have more? You don't, do you?
- Oh, what am I going to do?
The letter the player delivers from Mogrika to Moolan:
- From Mogrika to Moolan
- Artemicion rubbed it all over himself!
- The machine needs it to function
- properly, kupo!
- I know how he must’ve felt.
- I used it on myself once, too.
- It’s a wonderful thing, but...
The letter the player delivers from Moolan to Mogtaka:
Where is Mognet Central?
- From Moolan to Mogtaka
- Artemicion used the item on himself!
- I wanted to go to Mognet Central
- and complain, but where the heck
- is it located? Kupo?
- I never even thought about it
- until now. Kupo!
The letter the player delivers from Mogki to Kumool:
Where is Mognet Central?
- From Mogki to Kumool
- Hey, Kumool. How are you, kupo?
- Us moogles in Lindblum are all wondering
- the same thing, these days:
- Where the heck is Mognet Central?
- No one knows, kupo.
- Do you know where it is, Kumool?
- It’s supposedly very far away, and you
- can't enter very easily, kupo...
The letter the player delivers from Moorock to Mozme:
My First Mognet
- From Moorock to Mozme
- This is my first time using Mognet!
- And my first letter! Kupo!
- Hmm, what should I write about? Kupo?
The letter the player delivers from Kupo to Atla:
- From Kupo to Atla
- I heard we haven’t received any mail lately,
- because the machine in Mognet Central
- broke down, kupo.
- It's supposedly a complicated machine.
- They're missing something that makes
- the machine run smoothly, kupo.
The letter the player delivers from Atla to Mogryu:
That Special Something
- From Atla to Mogryu
- We haven’t been receiving mail, because the
- machine in Mognet Central broke down.
- I wonder how we can fix it? Kupo?
- Do you think there’s a special item
- that will fix the machine?
The letter the player delivers from Mogryu to Kumool:
- From Mogryu to Kumool
- I heard that the machine in Mognet Central
- broke down! It’s because they’re missing
- that item!
- I wonder where you can find one? Kupo?
- It’s a rare item, so I don’t think
- you'll find one very easily...
The letter the player delivers from Kumool to Mois:
Where Is That Item?
- From Kumool to Mois
- I understand! Kupo! Mognet will
- function again once we have some!
- I think Mois would know!
- Kupo! Where is that item?
- We need it to repair Mognet!
The letter that the player delivers from Mois to Noggy:
It's That Thing
- From Mois to Noggy
- I think Mognet can go back to standard
- operation if we get the right item!
- Kupo! If you ask me, I think the item
- they’re looking for is that thing!
- You know what I mean, right?
- It's that... thing!
The letter the player delivers from Noggy to Kupo. This is the final letter of the game:
- A letter from Noggy to Kupo
- I now know what’s needed to run the machine
- In Mognet Central! It’s "Superslick"!
- I heard a rumor about it!
- The rumor said that someone in Alexandria
- Has it! That’s what I heard! Kupo!
- Find it and send it to Central right away!